Qualifications & Affiliations
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
I love learning! The following degrees, designations, and affiliations are a testament to that, and the fact that I’m incredibly passionate about gaining the knowledge I need to empower myself and others.
I’ve also been honored to receive appointments from both state and local government to serve on citizen advisory boards designed to improve the lives of our aging population and people with disabilities, as well as enhance community diversity.
- Pursuing Master of Social Work degree at Widener University, expected graduation 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree in English-Writing Studies from Pfeiffer University.
- Life, Life Purpose and Career Coaching Certification through The Life Purpose Institute.
- Master Vision Board Coach and Accredited Vision Card Reader from The Vision Board Institute.
- NC Certified Peer Support Specialist from UNC’s Behavioral Health Care Program.
- Amputee Peer Visitor from Amputee Coalition of America.
- Professional certification in Meeting and Event Planning through the University of North Carolina.
- Technical designation as a Human Resources Administrator – ADA Title I (Employment) from NC State University.
- Well versed in the entire Americans with Disabilities Act (Titles I – III) thanks to several decades (a Southern lady never tells!) of life experience in a wheelchair, and continuing education through the Southeast ADA Center. (BUTTERFLYWHEEL® is listed as a Southeast ADA center affiliate, available to the community for accessibility technical assistance.)
- Reiki Master (Usui, Kundalini and Power Reiki Modalities) from Reiki Awakening Academy
- Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner (Meridian Tapping) Minewiser Wellness Center
Governor’s and Board of Commissioners’ Appointments
- NC Statewide Independent Living Council (2012-2013)
- Arc of Rowan County Board of Directors (2012-2013
- Salisbury-Rowan Human Relations Council (2010-2012)
- Rowan County Adult Care Home Advisory Committee (2010-2011)
- NC Council on Developmental Disabilities (2001-2009)
Professional and Advocacy Affiliations
- International Coaching Federation
- Amputee Coalition of America
- World Association of People with Disabilities
- Alliance for Full Participation
- American Association on Disability & Health
- American Association on Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- Arc of United States
- Arc of North Carolina
- Association for Persons in Supported Employment
- International Association of Reiki Practitioners
- Center for Reiki Research: Including Reiki in Hospitals
- North Carolina Association for Persons in Supported Employment
- North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- National Association on Dual Diagnosis
- National Association of Peer Specialists
- North Carolina Association of Peer Specialists
- National Association for the Self Employed
- National Council on Independent Living
- North Carolina TASH
- United Spinal Association